Conference Day Two Thursday 23rd February 2017
*Session TBC’s – A few sessions are currently awaiting final confirmation. In some cased these are sessions that we are working through with major sponsors, in other cases where we are awaiting copy from speakers. Full details should be published shortly.
9.00am: Welcome from the chair
Jennie Vickers, Director Australia and New Zealand, International Association for Contract & Commercial Management IACCM
While technology is becoming increasingly important, Margaret will make the case that procurement is principally about people and that technology is simply a tool.
- What e-procurement can and can’t fix
- How do we improve e-procurement so that all can benefit?
- The best for procurement and how to achieve it.
- Moving away from transactional procurement and igniting transformational procurement.
Margaret Gilbert, Director, Corporate Contracts Management Ltd
9.00 – 9.20am
9.20 – 9.40am
9.40am: Break to switch sessions around
Crown Resorts have recently undertaken an extensive project to acquire an appropriate solution to address spend analysis, sourcing, contracting and SRM. In this session you will learn:
- How they developed the specification for what they required
- What evaluation criteria they used
- How they tested and selected the most appropriate solution
Thomas Tuszynski. Group Category Manager. Food & Beverage, Crown Resorts
9.45 – 10.05am
10.05 – 10.25am
10.25am: Break for networking and general viewing
Big data can be explained as ‘large data sets that may be analysed computationally to reveal patterns, trends, and associations’.
By attending this session we will share best practices and insight into how big data and machine learning is being used to receive real value from your procurement processes and systems.
Bill Gaheer, Director of Cloud Solutions ERP/SCM, Oracle
11.00 – 11.20am
11.20 – 11.40am
11.40am: Break to switch sessions around
Procure to pay should be a seamless process from point of order to payment. This is not always practical or easy to implement. Learn how ElectraNet is:
- Using App technology to revolutionise ElectraNet’s P2P process
- Making SAP easier to use
- Managing cultural change (internally and externally with Vendors)
- Creating greater transparency and information sharing
Ryan Barmby, Procurement Specialist, ElectraNet
11.45 – 12.05pm
12.05 – 12.25pm
12.25pm: Lunch and Technology Viewing Time
- Common points of compromise in the procurement process
- Using data analytics to identify trends and potential issues
- The importance of vendor due diligence
- Other procurement risks – including legal and continuity risks.
Guy Underwood, Managing Director, PKF Forensic and Risk Services
1.10 – 1.30pm
1.30 – 1.50pm
1.50pm: Break to switch sessions around
1.55pm: Capturing & Reporting $50M Procurement Savings
- Procurement Savings Methodology
- Life of Contract Vs. Annualise Savings tracking
- Cost Avoidance Vs Cost Reduction
- Benefits Capture
- SAP Goods Receipting data
- Benefits Reporting
- Procurement team
- Business Unit
Onno Cleeren, Procure to Pay Manager, SA Power Networks
2.30pm: Close of conference